Beacon Street Children’s Centre is committed to engage in family – centered practices by respecting the pivotal role of families and providing a collaborative respectful partnership between families, children, educators and the local community.
Through its programs, the Centre aims to
- Encourage and respect each child’s right to develop their skills, interests and knowledge so that all children have the opportunity of achieving a better outcome through their learning and development, helping to build foundations for social, emotional and spiritual well-being;
- Offer a secure, caring, happy environment, acknowledging that each child is unique, and to provide support in helping to promote each child’s strengths, individuality and positive self-image so that children feel a strong sense of self and identity;
- Focus on the relationships between children, families and educators, fostering a deep sense of security, trust and acceptance of themselves and others at all times. Respectful relationships and cooperation based on mutual trust and open communication are fundamental to a child’s learning and development;
- Provide an environment where children are connected with and can contribute to their world, allowing them to develop to their full potential and learn self-discipline, responsibility, decision-making and gain awareness of the world around them;
- Provide the opportunity for non-discriminatory learning experiences for children in a stimulating environment where children can become confident, involved learners based on materials, equipment and resources selected to demonstrate a range of lifestyles that include family values, social and cultural differences, gender and language diversity, all of which help to shape children’s learning and development;
- Welcome, support and promote the inclusion and diversity of children with additional needs with equal and unbiased participation so that they feel a sense of belonging to a community that allows and extends their capabilities where they are encouraged and supported to be curious and enthusiastic participants in learning, and developing positive dispositions for life; and
- Have fun in a safe and inviting environment that values educators, children and their families, and respects their contributions to the Centre where spontaneous, enjoyable and meaningful play helps to foster a sense of belonging within the Centre and our local community.